Terra had a basketball team for the first time this year. They were part of a league that included both charter and private schools. It could have been a slow building process, but a handful of boys from Uintah High were unhappy with the coach there, and transferred over to play basketball for Terra. One of the dads was the coach. The team had an incredibly good season. They won nearly every game, but they were also great sports. For example, we played a team from a charter school for autistic kids, and our boys cheered more when they scored, than for their own team. (The older boys sat on the bench most of the game.) Then they had their pictures taken with opposing team members, and made them feel really important. The older boys also really cheered and supported their younger teammates. I don't know when I've enjoyed a sports season more - both because we usually won, and because Tori was cheering.
 |
| John took this picture because Maggie's classmate asked her to sit by him. |
These are pictures I took from the school's Facebook page:
Go, Tigers!
No comments:
Post a Comment