Miscellaneous Spring and Summer

A number of fun and important things happened in the spring and early summer. Here are some highlights:

Tori ran for Freshman VP and won! Even though it's a smaller school, it isn't easy to become a class officer. There are still social cliques, and Tori doesn't think of herself as being one of the popular kids. But clearly, she's well-liked. (Of course!) Her campaign theme was "Tori is the real deal." She had it on shirts that she and her friends wore, and then she passed out little decks of cards with the same picture/theme as the t-shirt. (I only have a picture of a plain deck.)

First grilling of the season! Grilled hamburgers are one of my favorite foods. And I love our deck - if not our actual back yard.


I think these next two pictures are from a walk on the nature trail near Kimberly's home.


For Father's Day, Jonah found a "man-bun visor" for John. I need to have him wear it to a family get-together. It's pretty great.


A cousin party? I don't remember the occasion here. It's too early for Abe's farewell, but they're in dresses....



Tori was in the play, Bye Bye Birdie, at the Vernal Theater. It was her first big production, and it was so well done! I didn't care for the movie version, but thought this was very funny. Tori was one of the groupies and a dancer. She did a great job and really enjoyed it. She was in it with Eve. Charlotte drove Tori home after most practices, and usually stopped at McDonalds to get them hot chocolate. She and Eve became even closer during this play.
Look how cute!


Maggie went to theater camp for a week in June. The girls have done this camp before - and like before, she was cast in a lousy part in the little play they put on. ("Robber #4.") But she outshone everyone in the musical numbers before the play (seriously, I'm not just saying that), and then she was a fantastic Robber #4. But I think that this camp was good, because she was able to show what she could do, so they cast her in a big part in the summer production of High School Musical. More to come on that.


I think I've written about the stray cat ("Mama Cat") that we've had living in our yard since we moved here. She had kittens again. We took her to a no-kill shelter after her last batch of kittens, and they were happy to get her, since they had a new kitten that they were hand-feeding. They told us that she adopted that cat into her own litter, which was sweet.
Rick, Sunny, and Smoky.


We have a chalkboard on our wall in the kitchen. I meant to change the saying on it regularly, but we've only done it once in the two years or so that we've had it. Tori did the words on this one, and the kids each drew a picture. I took this shot when I erased it to do a new saying. And now it's been sitting blank for months. Sigh. But our home IS a happy place to be.

No comments:

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...