Friends

These are pictures of Maggie's little friend birthday party with a Halloween theme. Tomorrow we will celebrate her birthday as a family, and I'll post pictures and write about her then. In this post I'd like to write about how grateful I am for ward friends.  Every Thur. morning I get together with three ward friends and their toddlers.  We have gone for walks and done crafts together.  These are very crafty women - in the positive, pinterest sense.  Laura Smith is the one that got us organized and keeps it going.  I'm more the type that says, "We should get together and let the kids play....some time....."  Jeri DeSisto and Jackie Burnett are the other two.  Charlotte Weed Hansen, another good local friend, will be back and can join us in Jan.

It feels like the friendships I had in Syracuse with the moms I taught preschool with, or knew through visiting teaching or callings.  I have missed those women, so it is nice to be experiencing that again.
Here are the kids in costume.  You can see the moms in the mirror.
We tried to make cheese and pretzel broomsticks, but the cheese I bought was too soft.  Tori kind of got this one to work.  Pinterest fail. :)
Luckily, my friends' dishes worked beautifully.  Jeri made this veggie tray.
Laura made these apple, peanut butter, and marshmallow mouths.  There is a yogurt dip in the hollow orange for the banana ghosts.
Jackie's goblins are crushed Oreos mixed with cream cheese and covered with melted white chocolate.
I had mummy hotdogs for the main dish, which, again, were a bit odd-looking.  But tasty. :)  
I may have lightened this picture a bit too much, but it shows both tables.

I had some craft projects that I ended up sending home with them.  The kids just wanted to play.  We all enjoyed this a great deal.  My kids keep saying, "That was a fun party last night."  John just caught the tail end.

1 comment:

gardeniagirl said...

Very fun! I'm impressed with all the cute snacks! Dottie is also Hermione this year. I wasn't about to buy another costume when she already had one;)

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...