Birthday Boy

My Eli is a great kid.  He is sweet and helpful - and talented.  I enjoy being around him.  Here are a few scenes from his recent birthday.  (Fairly recent.)
"Heavy, heavy hangover...."
Eli's new bike.  We don't live on the best biking road, but he zooms up and down the driveway....
Monsters University.  Great movie - and party theme.
This was what I always requested for my birthday: German chocolate cake. That's my boy.
Eli has discovered a new talent.  He had to write a fairly difficult book report recently, following his teacher's rubric.  I was putting off having him do it, because I assumed I'd have to be fully involved. He sat down and got going on it, and he did a fabulous job. I was surprised at how well he expressed his thoughts, and he needed very little input.  I told him how impressed I was with his writing style.  It was fun.

2 comments:

Gayle Harris said...

You always make birthdays so fun for your children! Tell Eli I'm impressed with his book report skills.

gardeniagirl said...

He must get his writing skills from his mom:) Oh, and for homeschooling teenagers(in response to the comment you left on my blog) I know a few people in my ward. There are varying levels of success, in my opinion. I think, though, that I would trust you to do well with your children. There are so many options now for doing school with teenagers. I know one family that does all of their teenage kids online.

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...