Good Life

I just watched a documentary on the influenza epidemic of 1918. It was very interesting, but also frightening, since it could easily happen again. I don't mean to sound fatalistic, but it just struck me that I need to enjoy the peaceful, sweet life I have now, since the future is so uncertain. So, here of a few pictures of the good life:

I need to jot down a few Tori gems. Tori was sitting on the potty in the family room watching TV. (Don't worry - the carpet's safe: she's never ever actually done anything in the potty.) Jonah started crawling happily toward her, and she was ready to straight-arm him, saying, "No, Jonah! I need some privacy!" We had to laugh about her choice of location and her desire for privacy. Another day, I heard her yelling, "No, Jonah!" so I went upstairs to see what he was doing. He was sitting way across the room from her, smiling. I said, "Tori, he's not even near you," and she said, "He's smiling at me!" I am constantly having to go get Jonah so he doesn't mess up someone's puzzle or tower. Poor guy.

We have some wooden monkey bars in the family room (you can kind of see them in the picture at the top). Eli is the only one who can climb to the top platform, so he is always hiding toys from the other two up there. Sometimes, there will be a big jumble of toys and objects up there that he has stockpiled. Kind of a little monument to childhood selfishness, I guess. :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love Eli finding his one safe little spot to horde toys. It sounds like something Abe would do . . . Actually, I guess he has as all the toys in his room and pretty much his room altogether is off limits to the girls unless issued a special invite. He really could have used a brother to have to share a room with.

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...