Maggie Moo

I have to put down a few funny Maggie things before I forget.

Last week, Maggie came up with an idea she was really excited about.
"Mom, you could call Kimberly, and have her drive to our house to pick us up and then drive to her house so we could play with them!" 
I told her that it was too far and would take a really long time.  She said we could just play until she got here.  I was busy cooking, and just sang a silly version of a Disney song snippet: "We're going to play and play and play and play and play until we die...."
She laughed and reported what I had sung to the kids and added, "She literally said that!"

Once when we were driving in the rain, Maggie announced that she wanted windshield wipers for her birthday.  (She often tells me things she wants for her birthday and then forgets about them.)  The kids started giving her a hard time about her request, saying she would have to have a car.  (I try to stop them at times like that.  Older siblings can be imagination killers. :)  Anyway, Maggie then wanted a new car - so she could have her windshield wipers.

Another time, Maggie was playing with dolls and one asked if she could play at the other's place.  Then she came in and said in a sophisticated voice, "Is this your house?  It looks amazing!"

And then a while back she declared, "This is the best blender drink I never did taste!"

Once when the boys were playing pirates of some sort, Maggie stuck her head in and said, "I'll be stealing your hats any minute now!" and then went off and continued her own play.  Just wanted to keep them on their toes, I guess.

2 comments:

Gayle Harris said...

Cute Maggie!!!

Monica said...

Oh, Marnie how I envy that you keep track of the cute things your kids do. I always think I'll remember them or write them down "someday". Cute, cute Maggie. Miss ya friend. Hope all is well.

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...