County fair and journal update

We went to the fair with my sister, Kimberly, and her family. The kids loved it. In fact, we almost went again, they enjoyed it so much. One of their favorite things was a juggling show that was quite silly, but fun. And, of course, they loved the animals.

Next, I've got some miscellaneous journal things to record:

Eli
-One day John overheard Eli saying to Tori,"The reason we can't drink a drink called 'coffee' is because it makes you cough, I think." So our next family home evening was on the Word of Wisdom.
-Eli is really into non-fiction books about amphibians, dinosaurs, raptor birds, etc. We often look things up on National Geographic for Kids, as well. It's fun. But he saw some videos on tarantulas that were a bit too scary a while ago, and now he's not into spiders anymore.
-He had a few days where he didn't want to go to school. I was pretty worried, but we printed a family picture for him to keep in his pocket, and I let him pick a fun snack to take for the kids the next day, and now he seems fine when I drop him off.

Tori
-One day in the car, Tori was talking about getting married. I can't remember what started the conversation, but she suddenly said to Eli, "I will marry you, Eli, and that will make you so happy!"
-Tori has a few princess costumes, and she wears them all the time. She also has some princess underwear that she has worn for the last couple of days, with varying degrees of success.
-She has discovered lip gloss. She has gotten some as party favors, and the first day, she spread it all over her face:

Jonah
-Jonah calls most food and drinks "cracker." When someone is sleeping, he says, "Shhhh," while sticking his finger in his mouth. When we're looking for something, he will say, "Hmmmm," since I usually say that. He also says, "All gone," and "Grandpa." I'll write more when I remember.
-He is fearless and tries to climb on everything. If the kitchen chairs aren't tucked in, he climbs up on the table and runs around.
And then one more cute shot:

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love how Tori is subtly leaning out in the pic with the snake. Also, we should have had Abe sit down and look at some books like that with Eli. Abe is so into that stuff and I had no idea Eli was!

Sara said...

What day were you at the fair? Just because I was there doing a Mad Science show there on Saturday.

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...