Eli's Birthday

Eli's birthday was Monday the 4th. He took cupcakes to school and they ate them for the snack that day. They sang to him, and his teacher gave him a birthday crown, so he had a great time. That evening, he chose to go to Golden Corral; he opened his presents there because he couldn't wait until later - John met us there after work. Last night, Eli went with John to the father and son's campout, which he loved. When they got home, sweet John worked on the lawn and then came in and worked with me on cleaning the house (which was no small task, even though I'd been working on it earlier). We had Eli's friends over this afternoon for his party. It was a "Kung Fu Panda" party. He had a fun time, despite the fact that he was very, very tired. I don't plan too much for these parties. Mostly the kids seem to want to play upstairs with the toys and costumes there. We had a pinata and cake, and they played with some party favors we gave them. He also got some very fun presents.
This evening, John was figuring out how to transfer our videotapes to DVD's and so while he worked, I was watching some footage of Eli when he was just turning two. It made me a little sad, as looking back often does. I wish so much that I could spend longer on each phase. It's all passing so quickly. Anyway, I'm sure I'll love this year that he's five. He's such a great helper, and a loving boy.

1 comment:

Christel Stearman said...

Marnie,
This is such a small world. I ran into your blog while I was looking at the Bensons Blog. Looks like Eli had a fun party. Tank and the boys enjoyed the campout too.
Christel

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...