Easter


Here's an odd thing: my kids color Easter eggs and then they actually want to eat them. I don't think any of us growing up wanted to eat the hard boiled eggs. We just colored them. John likes them and thinks it's odd that we didn't. But then he eats things with mayo or Miracle Whip. And pickles.

We had a great Easter. The kids went to several parties and Easter egg hunts. Sunday evening, my family came to our place for dinner, and then we did our little Easter egg hunt stuff on Monday morning. I ran to the store early that morning and hid things before going back into the house. It's a lot more fun shopping when everything is half off. Of course, I ended up buying more. Oh well, it was fun.


I got Incredibles costumes for the kids because they're really into the Incredibles right now, and because the costumes were on clearance. Also, Tori loves to play superheroes with Eli, but she has never had a costume to do so. So now she is always Violet, and he's Dash or Mr. Incredible. They wear the costumes all of the time. I took them for a walk in the triple stroller, and they wore them. I don't know if they looked cute as people drove by, or just odd. They looked cute to me.

Tori is always Minnie Mouse or Violet, and you have to call her that. I have to be reminded often. She'll speak about herself in the third person. The other day, I was baking and was in the middle of something important, so I only realized that she was telling me to watch her jump off the bottom step after the fact. I said, "Oh, I'm sorry Tor," and she quickly corrected "Minnie!" And then she said, "Minnie is very frustrated."


Eli loves to play with Kid K'nex. They're kind of like fancy Tinker Toys, I guess. Today he made one thing after another, and it was fun to see. Oh, today was also his first spring soccer game. He was so excited. The funny thing is that he has no interest in kicking the ball. He was running up and down the field almost giggling, he was so happy to be playing again, but when the ball would come near with the horde of kids around it, he would let them pass and happily bring up the rear again. He did kick it once, so we really praised him for that. :) (The cold and snow did dampen his spirits pretty quickly.)


Jonah does so many cute things and I'm not catching them on video. I get so frustrated with myself. He always bounces when he hears music. He loves to play the little guitar and push the buttons on electronic toys. He definitely prefers real food to baby food. I just cut up whatever we're eating and put it on his tray. He'll grab a handful and get about half of it in his mouth. He always wants what the other kids are playing with and it drives them crazy. For Tori, it seems like sort of a love/hate relationship right now. She likes to try to make him happy when he falls (which is often), but when he's cruising along the couch, she's not above pushing him over. The main thing about Jonah is that he just smiles all of the time. I've never seen such a constantly upbeat baby. I can take him anywhere, and he'll sit so nicely in his carseat or stroller and for so long, that it often makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of his good nature.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Jonah is looking so much older. The next time I see your blog he may be on his mission. This is why you need to buy a webcam. All true bloggers have them...

I was pleased to read that you don't eat unnatural foods and condiments, Marnie. I was also pleased that your kids do eat them, though. Life is so much easier for those that like ingredients. McDonald's messes up my burgers at least half the time, and by the time I find out, I've already driven off.

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...