Family Intro.




I am going to use this blog as a journal, so it will be of no interest to anyone, I'm afraid. But at least I'll have these things down in a permanent form.

In my journals, I left off when I was single and dating. I'm finally in the midst of the experience I've always wanted: being a wife and mother. It is everything I hoped for. My husband is sweet and fun. He is very laid back, so there is no conflict or anger. He is affectionate and quick to tell me he loves me. He enjoys doing things with the kids. (Eli's bedtime ritual includes wrestling with his dad.) Sometimes John and I will be out somewhere doing something with the kids, and we'll catch each other's eye and give a little smile, and it just feels so good. We both recognize how good our life is.

Eli is also very affectionate. He is usually a good listener, and is pretty easy to raise. (John's blessing said that our kids would be "easy to teach" and they are.) Eli loves to act out stories. He frequently wears costumes and uses props. He has a large box full of costumes, so he has plenty of options. He is learning to read without a huge amount of effort from me. He loves to sound out words, and does quite well. (It slows down reading time for poor Tori, though, since he takes a while.) Eli loves to look at toys at the store, so we have to allocate a certain amount of time for that usually. He's a great helper, and runs little errands around the house for me.

Tori is funny. She can be very feisty. The other day, she called out to Eli to move so she could see the TV, but he was nowhere near her line of vision. Her most frequent word right now is "Mine!" We sing to her every night as we rock her, and she has an amazing memory for the lyrics. (As does Eli.) Tori can sing along with most of the primary and other songs that I know. She is finally starting to play with dolls. I wanted to get her a princess or Tinkerbell costume the other day when they were on sale, and she told me they were "too fairy," whatever that means. She has strong opinions about what she wears, as do I, so we sometimes have trouble. She likes to act out Max and Ruby episodes she has seen. She has the sweetest little smile.

Jonah is so happy. One of my favorite things is when he wakes up in the morning. He wakes up way too early, so I'm too tired to get out of bed right away. I just lie there and cuddle and play with him. He snuggles and smiles and starts my day off wonderfully. (Although, it would still be just as nice an hour or so later.) He is sitting up and scooting a little bit. Our other kids were a little shy around strangers, but Jonah smiles at anyone, even if they aren't looking at him. He always wants to eat what I'm eating, and likes fruits better than vegetables.

I'd better get ready for church. I teach the six-year-olds, which I love. They are sweet - they draw pictures for me and want to sit on my lap, etc. It is fun for me to be in Jr. Primary because I can watch Eli, and see how he interacts, etc.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I love hearing about your family, Marnie! Eli is so smart- I can't believe he is already sounding out words! And I loved Tori's "too fairy" comment. Jonah seems like such a happy baby. What fun kids you have!!

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...