Maggie's Baptism

Maggie and Lily (Dave's daughter) were baptized on the same day. A few weeks prior, Jaime posted some beautiful photos they'd had a professional photographer take of Lily. I hadn't been thinking about that, and there was no time to have Rhonda or Nancy take some, so Tori and I got her ready and ran over to the Vernal temple one evening. It was windy, so I was glad we had pulled her hair up. (The wind made her dress blow to the side nicely, though.) I just took the pictures with my phone camera, so I was amazed at how well they turned out!


I don't have pictures of her with John, because we were running late that morning. (Surprise!)

We had had personal baptisms for the other kids (well, Eli was with his friend, Kayden Bright), but Maggie's was a stake baptism. That bothered me at first, but then it worked out beautifully. I had just been put in as Primary President, and our ward happened to be in charge of the program that month. So I had our ward people do the music, and I assigned myself to speak. Even the Stake speaker was a close friend from our last ward. It was wonderful.

Unfortunately, because Lily's baptism was the same day, my family wasn't able to come to Maggie's. (We were fine with that, since we wanted them to support Dave's family, but we still missed them.) Luckily, John's family will drive all kinds of crazy distances, so we had plenty of people. John's parents were there, and that was wonderful. We don't know how much longer we'll have them around.

I arranged to have a lunch with taco soup, which ended up being a little silly after a morning baptism. But by the time they all got there, it was 10:30...so close enough. :)

1 comment:

Gayle Harris said...

Your pictures look professional! I especially love the coloring--it gives such a warm feeling. I'm so glad you did them (but it's hard to believe they were done with a phone camera). And Maggie looks so cute. Good job!

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...