These first rec center pictures mark an important event: Maggie dared to go play in the water playground. (A huge bucket of water dumps over it periodically.) The nice thing about this change is that now I don't have to go swimming. They can all just play in the water while I watch from the side with the other lazy parents!
For their spring break visit, we hiked at McConkie Ranch to see the petroglyphs and went to the rec center again. We celebrated Kimberly's 50th birthday with crepes that Claire made. We also went to the library and got a movie that Burl wanted to see for her birthday. There were lots of laughs the whole weekend!
One evening we all played games together, and had a lot of fun.
![]() |
| Claire felt like all of her cards fit her perfectly, and wanted to document it. |
It was so wonderful being able to spend one-on-one time with Greg and his kids! It made me so happy to have them around, that I then felt kind of down when they were gone. We were talking about cute things they did or said, and here are a few highlights:
Ivy kept telling us, "I have a baby!" referring to the little doll she got at the dollar store. She said that to one of our cats, and then followed it around saying, "Hug it! Hug it!" The kids loved it when Greg said he had Ivy's shoes, and she exclaimed, "Thanks!" She was always so happy.
I loved watching Cora and Maggie together. (They were such good buddies, they always shared a chair - during conference, at the table, etc.) We got to see how good at drawing Ruby has become. (She's also writing a book!)
And everything that Peter does and says is entertaining. He sounds so grown-up when he talks - like when he told me about the vitamins in Cuties. I just wanted to squeeze him all the time!
















No comments:
Post a Comment