We continue to do the Easter Bunny stuff on Sat. so that Sunday can just be about the Savior. The bunny came in the afternoon, since I took Lisa and Mom to the airport yesterday morning. It was warmer then anyway. (It continues to be pretty cool. Tori was cold in these pictures.) So here's the hunt:
And the aftermath: (It looks like it was a big Christmas-style haul in these pictures, but it wasn't.)
And then my cute kids after church:
| I already had dresses for the girls, but then I found these on a good sale. Tori has asked for this style for a while, and I knew they'd be thrilled. |
| The bowl on Jonah's head was a prop from Sharing Time. Cool shot of Eli's move, huh? |
Poor John is really sick now, but we just had our ham dinner and will watch a church movie he downloaded for us.
Happy Easter!
A quick addendum to this: After lunch, I did this post...did some Mad Libs with the kids...ate some chocolate... I knew I wanted to watch the church movie and have a spiritual experience that would make this a special day, but I was dragging my feet a bit. Maybe because John was sick and couldn't help me. I don't know. In any case, I eventually called the kids over to the computer to watch the short "Because of Him" clip. That went well, so I got out another couple of Easter clips we had burned onto a DVD another year. One of my kids wasn't paying attention well, so I was a bit frustrated, but it was still good. So then I got out a church movie called Finding Faith in Christ. (It's the one with Thomas talking to a family.) We skipped poor Thomas and just watched the scenes with Jesus. (I love the actor who portrays the Savior in that film and in The Testaments.) I kept pausing it to explain more or to just discuss. Everyone was really into it, and it felt so wonderful!! Afterward, we talked about the veil and the clues the Holy Ghost can give us, about how scary it would be to say goodbye at death without the atonement, and other beautiful doctrines. I couldn't have predicted how well that would go.
As my kids would say, "This was the best Easter ever!"
2 comments:
What great Easter pictures!! I love the girls' Easter dresses, and also the boys' ties. They all look so classy. Thanks for sharing!
Good job Marnie! I need to be better at talking about the true meaning behind Christmas and Easter. Thanks for inspiring me!
Post a Comment