Hiding My Boy's Beautiful Eyes

Jonah got new glasses last week. Part of me always wonders if my kids are just faking bad eyesight to get glasses. Jonah dislikes wearing them now, and Tori often forgets hers. But I suppose you can't fool an optometrist. In any case, here's my handsome boy, bespectacled. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to get contacts, because I think they all have such pretty blue eyes.

These pictures are from his best buddy's birthday party. They have a large cabin-like home with a wrap-around porch/deck and gorgeous view. I'd like a set-up like that someday.
Petting the magician's rabbit.

They do birthday parties differently here. This is the first party we've been invited to in someone's home. They are usually held at a roller skating rink, bounce house place, restaurant, etc. Parents often stay at the party, and all of the adult relatives are there as well. So it's like our family and friend parties combined.

3 comments:

Gayle Harris said...

Jonah looks so handsome in his glasses, just as your other kids look good in theirs. But what an expense! I'm so sorry.

Marnie said...

Luckily, the glasses didn't cost me anything with our insurance. Hooray!

gardeniagirl said...

I thought Jonah had new glasses! But I didn't want to make him self-conscious...

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...