Max

 Last October, we got our cat, Maximus (Max), from a woman in our ward.  He was several months old.  He was so scared when he came, that he kept sleeping in very confined, hidden spaces, like behind the couch cushions. On the second evening, we couldn't find him anywhere, but he finally turned up in a box of clothes in the boys' closet.

He is very patient with the kids, but he doesn't really like to be held.  That has been a good thing for me - our last cat always wanted me to hold and pet him, and I found it a bit annoying. :)  But it isn't such a great thing for the kids.  For their sake, I wish he were a bit more affectionate and accessible.  But they love him like crazy.  They will stop mid-sentence, mid-dance, mid-anything and run to him when he walks in the room.  Maggie talks to him in a high voice and calls him "Maximussy" or "Tib" for some reason.  He scratches the leather portion of our new living room furniture, but otherwise, he's a nice addition to our home.

The kids took these pictures.  And quite a few others.

 Can't imagine why a cat would run away from my crazy kids.  (This kind of thing comes from John's side of the family):

No comments:

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...