So, I'm going back to July for my Tori-bug's birthday. For some reason, we started giving a gift the night before. It's not a bad idea, because it spreads out the fun and gives one gift a little extra attention. So on Sunday evening, Tori opened these sucker molds with chocolates to melt and put in them. The mold only does four suckers and takes a while, so it's not like they're getting all that much sugar. It was a good choice. (I had a hard time choosing for Tori. There aren't many toys that interest her. But she does love to do crafts and to bake with me.)
For her birthday, Tori chose to go to the Discovery Museum in Binghamton again. (One reason was because they sell Webkinz in their gift shop, and she wanted to spend some of her birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa.)
She chose a Brave theme for her little famiy party that night. I don't know why I didn't get a picture of the table and decor. Sometimes, we just get hurrying to fit everything in.
Tori has enjoyed Lincoln Logs at other people's homes, so we got her those.
She also got some crafty kinds of things, including a cake decorating set. She decorated her own cake and did an amazing job! Oh, that's why we were hurrying so much. We had to do the normal party stuff, plus allow time for her to decorate once she'd opened the gift. It was fun.
Once again, we did a Family Home Evening about the birthday child. We looked at her cute baby pictures, etc, and wrote what each person loves about Tori.
Eli - Tori shares a lot. (That is very true. When she gets treats from a party or something like that, she gives it away freely - Mom.)
Jonah - She's the best sister anyone could have. (He said the thing that shows that is he sits by her every time he goes to church.) He also said she's beautiful.
Maggie - "She cuts the cake.....and gets me dressed." (Tori does always help Maggie get ready, which is a huge help.)
Dad - I love that Tori is unselfish. She is often doing something that she doesn't want to so that one of her siblings will be happy.
Mom - I'm happy to see how many talents Tori has, like doing arts and crafts, singing, and dancing. I like her sweet, quiet manner and her cute little smile. She gets so excited about little things.
We love that birthday girl!
1 comment:
I love the blue chocolate suckers, the Lincoln logs, and the cake she decorated herself. And those were such fun comments about her. I'm glad she had such a fun birthday (made possible by you!)
Post a Comment