Yesterday for Labor Day, we went to my dad's farm up in Cache Valley. It was kid heaven. My sweet brother, Mike, brought up all kinds of fun things for the kids - kayaks, four-wheelers, bows and arrows, and BB guns. Eli ran from one activity to another and didn't want to leave. Tori's favorite thing was riding on the four-wheelers with John. Jonah said his favorite thing was the rope swing, but I think he really had the most fun playing in the back of Grandpa's truck with his little cousins. Eli said his favorite was shooting the guns. I was really proud that he tried the kayak. He was scared at first, but then came back later and paddled around like a pro. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and had a great time together. I bought the huge marshmallows that I read about on a friend's blog. It was the kind of fun I've been needing. I don't have time to deliberate about pictures. I'm just going to upload pictures as I clean upstairs, and it will be a truckload, I'm thinking. (I should mention that many of the pictures here were actually taken by my sister-in-law, Nancy.)
























The kids must have been playing house in the back of the truck, because later I saw Jonah alone there and he said, "I don't know who could be my husband now." Then on the way home, Jonah told us that he was teaching Maggie to "never be noticed." (I'm just now remembering that's a phrase from a show he likes.)
1 comment:
I just burst out laughing at that last paragraph. That Jonah says some awesome stuff. Also, Mike and I were laughing when we went through the pictures last night at the ones I tried to take of you and some of your kids where the sun was blinding Tori and Jonah -- just how with each picture I clicked on their hands were in different cool ways trying to block the sun. Also, I am going to have to put that picture of Tori on my blog too with my little Monday moment because I thought it was so cool that when I said I wanted a picture of her with her s'more she immediately posed so perfectly.
Post a Comment