Cinco de Mayo 2010!

Here is our Cinco de Mayo celebration, which we technically held today - May 6th. So, happy Seis de Mayo! We made the pinata yesterday, but it wasn't dry by evening and I just wasn't up to making the Jocon (chicken in a green sauce) last night. I haven't made a pinata like that since I was little. I made a flour/water paste, then we dipped strips of newspaper in it and plastered them on a balloon. We were going to paint it, but it just barely dried with this cold weather. Anyway, it was fun and I've felt sorely in need of fun these last few days. (Lacey joined us.)

Poor Maggie stayed inside during the festivities:

Eli did a lot of good cleaning for me and earned his toy, Big Chill. He wanted me to post a picture of it, after he read yesterday that I had mentioned his liking Ben 10.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Cute pictures, Marnie! I'm glad you still had a bit of candy left for the pinata after we made such a dent in your supply this morning. I love the idea of doing a pinata to celebrate Cinco (or Seis) de Mayo.

John said...

What a clever husband you must have, to have created such a safe and effective piƱata breaking station!

Anna said...

Tori's outfit is sooooo cute!

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...