Halloween 08

I'll just do a quick summary of these pictures. This one is before trick-or-treating last night. Poor Jonah didn't get to go, but he and I had some fun quality time at home. Here are the kids in front of the traditional "dinner-in-a-pumpkin." I love it, so it's too bad I only use this recipe once a year. These are half of the ghost racers I made for Eli's Halloween school party. This is one of those things I wrote about in my last post - fun in retrospect, but not so fun at 6:00 am when you get up to make them. Eli's teacher said that Eli overheard them talking about the party, and assured them that I would want to do it for them. Luckily, they just assigned me the treat. You can't really see what they look like, but they're just like the bunny racers from last Easter.This is Jonah at the ward playgroup Halloween party. You can see that we did a lot of things in these costumes. We got our money's worth. These are from our fun family Halloween party a couple of weeks ago. (We should have started with pictures, so that the lighting would have been better.) Eli's friend, Rylee, had her fun Halloween-themed birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese. I took Tori and Jonah there, as well. Taking the kids places without John is always an adventure, so luckily, he made it for the end. An interesting side note: I noticed that we all gave her princess things, and in the post Kelly did on Rylee, princesses weren't even one of her favorite things. Isn't it interestng that we all assume little girls want princess stuff? So here are the kids at the party. (Tori is wearing a new little dance outfit. I'll write about dance soon.) The kids also wore their costumes to "Boo at the Zoo," and the school carnival. One thing I learned this Halloween season: Don't go to popular Halloween events like Gardiner Village's Witch Weekend, or whatever it's called, "Boo at the Zoo," or our elementary carnival, if you don't like large, stress-inducing crowds.

And, as a bonus, pictures from yet another excursion to the zoo:

2 comments:

John said...

Hey, how come the only picture that I can download the full sized version of is the one that clearly shows my bald spot? In reference to your last post (that didn't mention my birthday) I choose to believe that I still have a full head of hair. At least until I saw that picture! Darn you!

Anonymous said...

Marnie, love to see all of these cute pics. I loved the kids costumes! I think you need to share your dinner in a pumkin idea!! Miss you guys.

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...