This week is the week our city does a 4th of July-type celebration. On Tues, we went to a spaghetti dinner and magician show. Wed., they had a parade/party for the kids with an "Enchanted" theme. It sounded so fun to me. I dressed the kids up and they lined up with all of the other kids to be in the parade. It was horribly hot, with no shade, and we all got pretty grumpy pretty quickly. I decided that it takes a pretty amazing event or activity to justify going out into the heat - unless it's water-related - and I'm now going to live my life in accordance with this discovery. My kids didn't have any fun either. We left before we did any of the other activities. But - we got pictures with partial costumes before we took off.
I think I've mentioned our new duck friends that have adopted us. The kids love them. If I could potty-train them, I would be a bigger fan. Anyway, we feed them bread and they drink out of our little pool. If we get some rare avian flu, you'll know who to blame.
2 comments:
marnie,
I was so sad that we missed the fun carnival night. I haven't been a very fun mom, we have missed all of the fun activites! i think the 4th of July has creeped up on me this year! I haven't been ready,I love the pictures!
I love Eli's face in that picture. So funny!
Post a Comment