Pets and Events

Not all of my family loves animals - at least as pets. I loved them growing up, but my feelings as an adult are mixed. Right now, there is a section of carpet in our family room that has a strong cat-urine odor. And whichever room houses the guinea pig cage smells horrible within a short amount of time. These things might make a reasonable person want to be rid of household animals. And yet, there is truly nothing we have purchased (or could purchase) that could bring greater pleasure to our kids than our pets. Not a day goes by that they don't exclaim over something cute the cats are doing, and they are drawn like a magnet to them every time they're sleeping nearby. I just can't overstate how much the kids love being with our pets - particularly the cats and guinea pigs. (Poor Eddie, the bearded dragon, doesn't get much attention. And why I agreed to another fish, I have no idea.) The inevitable conclusion is that I will clean the carpet, harass the kids to go clean the pigs' cage, etc, and let things continue as they are. They ARE pretty cute.
Spice "being adorable," as Maggie would say.
Bubbles and Cinnamon
Sugar, ready to wrestle.



Groundhog Day. This is all you get from that grand holiday. I guess this might be considered a Pinterest fail, since it doesn't look quite like the original photo. I didn't get the right sizes of some of the things.


Winter Olympics. I made Korean Bulgogi and Asian salad to eat during the opening ceremony. We also tried the Pinterest idea pictured below, with colored Life Saver rings in Sprite. I love the Olympics, but this one didn't hold my attention as much. It's sad that my country has to win for me to enjoy watching, but so it is. We really loved seeing Shaun White get his gold medal, and the women's hockey win was exciting.


No comments:

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...