Pets

These pictures are out of order, but I can't seem to move them. The kids will recognize which are the earlier and later pictures. I wonder if, as they grow older, they will love animals as much? Or, I guess, I'm wondering whether these pictures will mean as much to them later as they do now? They love to look at pictures of past pets - even Ellie, the awful dog we kept for one week. :)
Trying to coax Sugar out, the day we brought her home.
We were really worried about how well the two cats would get along. Max barely tolerated Ash after a slow introduction. These two loved each other from the beginning. Maybe because Sugar was barely past her kitten stage, and Spice was so tiny.
Sugar watching Eddie. (The two cats loved being by Charlie's cage - our hamster, now deceased - so I assumed that they were all buddies. However, once the kids tried to hold Charlie close to Spice, and Charlie freaked out. So now, even though Spice always sleeps on Eddie's cage, I don't assume that Eddie likes having him around.)
A tiny, new Spice, on the right.


It is so entertaining to watch them wrestle, and so sweet to see them cuddle up or groom each other. They seem more gentle with the kids, when they've used up their energy on each other. Having two cats is certainly the way to go.

No comments:

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...