Anyway, she is learning fun things and having a great time. I can't wait for the program at the end of the year! She's been showing me some adorable songs and dances.
| Maggie will often look away as I'm taking her picture, so I'll include this very typical shot. |
| The Rec. Center has an indoor playground, but Maggie doesn't enjoy it. Like my other kids, she is intimidated by others in group settings. |
| She often does dramatic or funny poses in pictures. |
Here are a few funny Maggie quotes. I wish I were better at writing them down. She says great things pretty often.
-One day, we saw a car pulled over by a policeman near Charlotte's house. I said something about how I hoped it wasn't anyone we knew. Maggie looked as we passed and then said something like, "It wasn't anyone we know, because that person was wearing an orange shirt and we don't know anyone with an orange shirt."
-On a bike ride, we passed a house where they had hung CDs as Christmas ornaments on the branches of a large bush. Maggie commented on the CD's and then said, "That's how they decorated for Christmas in the old days."
-Maggie always wants me to play house, and she is often the daughter who is famous for singing, dancing, baking, or whatever she's thinking about that day. One day she was a singer who had a book about how to be famous. (She'll often speak in a sophisticated British sort of accent.) So, the book said that you had to wear pink, and she said dramatically, "I always wear pink, so I'm very famous."
-Maggie came out of preschool with some binoculars they had made out of toilet paper rolls. As she approached, she called out, "I can see you, greatly!"
There are several things Maggie says incorrectly, and, I'm sorry to say, I don't correct her. It's just too cute - and she's my last one to say these cute mistakes. She says, "prencels" for pretzels and "lift-weights" for weights/barbells. I'm not sure if she still does, but she used to say, "slide-glassing door."
1 comment:
She's so adorable!!! Such cute pictures.
Post a Comment