We decided last year that we were going to have New Years be an international night. This year, Tori wanted to choose France. (She really likes Paris - because it's fancy, I guess.) I looked up some time-intensive French recipes, but in the end we did fondue, with crepes for dessert. (Our friends brought a crepe maker, which is now on my list of wants.) We had lots of veggies for the cheese fondue and fresh berries for the crepes, so that's pretty healthy compared to the rich sauce dishes I looked up. And, of course, we had baguettes. It was all yummy!
| I took this later, which accounts for the mismatched outfits. |
For several days after New Years, we had some snow and some horribly cold weather. The kids were still out of school, and we got a little stir-crazy. I got out my snowshoes, and Eli gave them a try. But it got down to -24 with the windchill, so no one could stay out for long.
Here's to a happy, safe 2014!
No comments:
Post a Comment