I wrote about this on Facebook. Eli was feeling blue about leaving his school. He told me that he wouldn't get to finish the book his class was reading and he wouldn't get to meet the author in January. I felt sheepish about doing it, but I went to the author's website and emailed her. I just asked if there was a chance we could meet her for one second and have her sign Eli's book. She lives in Kaysville, so she offered to come to Kimberly's house and meet us there. (I hadn't been able to find the book, so she brought that one and the second one in the series and I paid her for them.) She brought them in a gift bag, along with a juice bottle labeled "Turnip Juice Fertilized with Troll Dung." The first book he was reading in class is Elliot and the Goblin War. (This isn't letting me italicize.) I was so caught up in the fun of meeting her and facilitating the conversation, that I completely forgot to take any pictures with her! But here are the kids with the things she brought:
There are a couple of well-known authors near us here. One is Tedd Arnold who wrote the Fly-Guy books, but I hear he's not quite so accessible. :)
2 comments:
I am excited to be seeing you updating December events . . . as that means we must be getting close to seeing pics of events and your lives in your new totally unfamiliar place! (unfamiliar to me that is).
Tori looks so cute all dressed up for The Nutcracker, and the author of the Elliott books was so kind!
Post a Comment