Pinewood Derby

This is a good story. John was working hard getting as many projects done as possible before he left for PA. He got home from doing something about 15 minutes before we needed to go to Eli's first pinewood derby. They had worked on the cutting, sanding and spray painting in little bursts during the preceeding weeks, but the wheels still weren't on. John and Eli did that quickly and put in a little of that metal stuff to make it faster and then we hurried to the church. When they put it on the track, someone mentioned that the wheels didn't all touch down, so I hurried and said, "That's part of our strategy!" so that Eli wouldn't feel dumb. But maybe the lack of wheel friction did help, because he started winning some races. In the end, there was only one car his couldn't beat, and he took second place! I was so glad that he did well, even though poor John didn't have the time to put in it that he would have liked. (And also because he may not get to do a pinewood derby here.) Anyway, hooray for "Gold Fury!"

1 comment:

Gayle Harris said...

Hooray for Eli! He looks so handsome in his scout shirt and neckerchief. And I like how he gave his car a name.

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...