Jonah is finally in underwear! (Well, in all fairness, he is probably earlier than Tori and definitely earlier than Eli.) When John lost his job a few weeks ago, I decided one expense we could cut was Pull-Ups for Jonah. So, we just put underwear on him, endured a few accidents - and that was it. So much for my old "waiting until they're ready" idea of the past. I think I should get Maggie going now. Here he is as "Captain Underpants" from a book Eli read that I don't recommend. 
This is a peach soup recipe that I tried. It wasn't great, but they look pretty, don't they? That's a raspberry sauce on the top. I rarely make anything fancy, so I had to record it. Peaches are my favorite food, and although we were trying to be frugal and live off our own wonderful garden for produce, I bought several cases of peaches this summer. Ohh, I'm craving a good peach even now.
This is a peach soup recipe that I tried. It wasn't great, but they look pretty, don't they? That's a raspberry sauce on the top. I rarely make anything fancy, so I had to record it. Peaches are my favorite food, and although we were trying to be frugal and live off our own wonderful garden for produce, I bought several cases of peaches this summer. Ohh, I'm craving a good peach even now.
Maggie has officially hit that really hard stage where she climbs up everything, gets into everything, and puts anything in her mouth. I love, love that baby, but she is wearing me out.

I am really happy with the charter school the kids are going to. I love the phonogram system for reading and spelling, and I am impressed with the emphasis on math. (Nearly all of the work sent home is math.) They just did a colonial project at the school (except kindergarten), and Eli did his on a book about George Washington that I loved when I was young. He picked out the information he wanted to use, wrote it up, recopied it, etc. I was so proud of my sweet boy who is not always so self-motivated. :)

I am really happy with the charter school the kids are going to. I love the phonogram system for reading and spelling, and I am impressed with the emphasis on math. (Nearly all of the work sent home is math.) They just did a colonial project at the school (except kindergarten), and Eli did his on a book about George Washington that I loved when I was young. He picked out the information he wanted to use, wrote it up, recopied it, etc. I was so proud of my sweet boy who is not always so self-motivated. :)
1 comment:
Hi Marnie, I love Captain Underpants.. so cute! Sorry, I just saw your post under the boys and I got the foam stickers at the dollar store the first part of October. They had a bag of about 30 stickers already pre-cut and you just decorate how you like. The boys loved it and had fun, hope to find some more next year.
Post a Comment