John's Good Work

Not only is John the king of gardening now, but he has been canning it! I planned on trying canning this summer when I could find good fruit, but I was very intimidated by the idea. (I used to help my mom, but never really tried to learn how.) Anyway, sweet John just found a recipe for bread and butter pickles, made them, and canned them up. I'm so proud of him. It has cucumbers, zuchinni, onions and even a beet from our garden. The jars look beautiful - the picture doesn't do them justice.

And here are some vegetables from our garden:

1 comment:

Heather Dodd said...

Wow! I am impressed. I wish my husband was that willing to want to do that kind of stuff. I'm lucky to just get him out to trim the yard once in a while. But, I'm with you Marnie I would love to can but I am also intimidated by it and how it all works, plus I don't really have the time it takes to do it..

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...