Four?

If anyone doesn't yet know, I am pregnant! I just had one of those "What are we thinking?" moments, though. I went to the library with my kids today. I let Tori and Eli get their own library cards - in the hopes that the next time they lose a book, they'll be financially liable. :) We did OK as we looked for books, except that Tori has not yet grasped the "quiet voice" concept. As we were checking out, Jonah kept getting away from me, and running to touch things he shouldn't or running toward the door. Our hundreds of books were in people's way and I kept trying to gather things in between dashes after Jonah. In the middle of it, Eli yelled that he needed to go to the bathroom right away. Sometimes I know we look like a circus, and I can only imagine what people are going to think as they watch me juggling four. I'm just steeling myself for the birth control comments or negative looks. I hate the thought of not getting out much, but realistically, I don't know how I'll handle four at the places we like to frequent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We're so excited for you. I think you're a terrific mother, Marnie, and I don't think you need to give a second thought to any negative comments that may come your way.

Nancy said...

Don't worry Marns, Jonah will be a little older by the time baby comes, then when you start feeling like getting out much with new baby all of your kids will be even older and it will be easy peazy. Oh, I don't know that for sure, but it didn't seem like 4 was that much more crazy than 3 . . . however, the classy, "don't you know about birth control" and "MY! You are brave!" comments were far more plentiful.

Christel Stearman said...

Congratulations!! That is exciting news. And trust me when I say I know how you feel I am pretty sure people are always thinking what is this lady doing taking her kids out of the house and to this public place. Mostly when we go to any of Calebs games and I have the other 3 by myself. But it does get easier as they get older and it is not as bad as it feels sometimes. So come find me and we can have chaos together!

Sheila said...

Wow! congrats!! You are such a great mom, you will handle 4 just great!!

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...