Funny kids, etc.

I started making a list of things I needed to record about my kids, and now I can't find it! Drat. I'll put some things I remember. (Here's Jonah in his favorite spot - on the kitchen table):
Recent Jonah words:
-belly button
-Hi/bye guys
-all gone
-Ohhhh
-I do!
-Hi-yah! (When the kids fight bad guys.)
-When we say, "Who wants to say the prayer?" he raises his hand and says, "Me!" and then folds his arms and bows his head. He also says, "Amen," at the end. He just started doing that one day about month or so ago.
-He loves to have us sing the Cougar Fight Song, and then he does the rah-rah and "Go Cougo! part.
-He had been saying Tori for a while, but we didn't know, because it sounds kind of like kitty or Daddy. He just says "T-T"
-On our walks, he sees planes up in the sky and points to them. He always says, "sky," when he sees them, but it's another of his "one word with many uses."
Tori:
-A couple of weeks ago, I saw that Tori had spilled chocolate milk on her dress before church. She gave me a meandering explanation about Daddy giving her the chocolate milk that just spilled on her. Then she concluded in a somber voice, "That darn Daddy."
-Tori puts an emphasized -ed at the end of some verbs, as in, "The kitty bite-ed and scratch-ed me."
-Tori is potty-trained! It happened very suddenly a few weeks ago, and she doesn't have accidents. I thought we were a good year away.
Eli:
-His teacher has started sending home little books for him to read each night, along with his homework book. I am so excited, because they are the same books that Kimberly taught me to read from (along with an old Dick and Jane book). The books are small and yellow, and have characters like Sis the Snake and Sam the Lion.
-Eli is enjoying soccer. He doesn't have a killer mentality - he's more of a generous team player. We really enjoy going to his games.
-Eli likes to write on the pictures he draws. His words are phonetically/creatively spelled and they meander all over the paper. You have to find the beginning of the first word and then follow a path around the page. He does a good job.
I can't remember more, so I'll include a few more pictures. These are from Lagoon with Mike and Nancy's family. It was so fun. We've been going all year, but that was the best day by far. We loved being with them, and also Tori and Eli started going on some of the rides they were scared of before, like Puff and Odyssey (sp?). Jonah is fearless and cries whenever he has to get off of something.

No comments:

Decmber 2020 - Merry Christmas!

I'm trying to catch up, so I won't write a lot. The videos from Christmas eve and morning will give a more complete picture of what ...